GDevelop is bundled with dozens of features to imagine and create any kind of games.
Deploy your game everywhere
Objects for your games
- Sprites with multiple animations
- Create explosions, fire and impressive effects with Particle Emitters
- "9 patch" sprites, perfect for platforms
- Tiled sprites, to create mosaics, floors and repeating patterns
- Text objects
- Embed videos with Video objects
- Draw custom shapes on screen with Shape Painters
- Support for custom collision masks
Lil BUB's HELLO EARTH, a game made with GDevelop
Use visual effects ("shaders")
Add behaviors to your game objects
- Physics engine - Add realistic behavior to your objects
- Pathfinding - Have your objects move and avoiding obstacles
- Top-down movement
- Platformer engine - create platformer games in a breeze
- Draggable objects - quickly make your objects draggable with mouse/touch
- Anchor - support multiple screen sizes by ensuring controls stay at the right position
- Tweens - smoothly animate object positions, sizes, opacity and colors
- And more, to automate current tasks and behaviors in a few clicks!
Make desktop & mobile-ready games
- Save player data in the browser storage or on their devices
- Full support for sound effects and musics
- Support for touchscreens & multi-touch
Design advanced levels and interfaces
- The scene editor lets you visually edit your levels
- Support for multiple layers - Add interfaces and create parallax effects
- Create your levels dynamically with external layouts
- Design your assets with Piskel - a powerful pixel art and sprite editor
- Generate sound effects with Jfxr - create effects and customize them in a few clicks
- Debugger - Inspect the content of your game and make dynamic changes while previewing your game
- Performance profiler - monitor the resource expensive spots in your game
Build ambitious games with advanced features
- Communicate with external websites or services using HTTP requests.
- Use advanced events: loops, for-each...
- Create reusable functions using events, that can be used as actions, conditions or expressions in your game - a powerful feature never seen in other game creation tools.
- Manipulate variables with arbitrary complex structures, with support for reading/writing JSON.
- Display ads in your game with AdMob or link to products from your Shopify shop.
- Search and install new features with extensions, built by the community - get new, ready to use features for your game in a few clicks
Make your first game
Imagine and publish your games with GDevelop. Bundled with tutorials and examples.